Optimized, automated service management helps reduce costs and service disruptions
IBM® SmartCloud™ Control Desk unified asset and service management software provides a common control center for managing business processes for both digital and physical assets. This IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL)-compliant software is accessible through mobile devices and integrates with social media and development tools. Now you can choose the delivery model you need such as on-premise, software as a service (SaaS) or VM image and seamlessly change it when your business needs evolve.
IBM SmartCloud Control Desk:
- Service request management gives you an efficient service desk for handling service requests and managing incidents.
- Change, configuration and release management provides advanced impact analysis and automated change procedures designed to reduce risk and support integrity of services.
- IT asset lifecycle management provides inventory management and software license compliance capabilities. Helps to manage assets throughout their lifecycle, optimizing usage of digital and physical assets and minimizing compliance risks.
- Service catalog helps users solve their own problems. Provides an intuitive self-help portal and a complete catalog of services.
- Support for service providers supply service support and service delivery capabilities for multiple customers in a single deployed instance. This can help increase profitability and improve customer satisfaction.
Service request management
- Prioritizes incident response based on business service impact.
- Speeds problem resolution with a searchable solutions knowledge base and embedded remote diagnostics. Agents can remotely take over workstations and chat with users for faster request fulfillment.
- Provides ticket templates and pre-populate work order fields with service request information through integration with telephony software from Genesys and Cisco.
- Automatically classifies tickets based on keywords and detail fields. Can synchronize tickets through bi-directional integration with BMC Remedy and HP Service Center.
- Processes emails into inbound service requests. Service requests can be created, viewed and approved using Blackberry, Apple iOS and Android devices.
Change, configuration and release management
- Calendaring allows you to schedule changes to minimize their impact. Automated change scheduling can help avoid blackout periods. A blackout period identification feature shows critical business timeframes when outages would be expensive.
- Change and release authorization helps prevent unauthorized changes by verifying authorization access based on roles.
- Compliance policy enforcement tracks and records changes throughout the organization. It manages the desired states of configuration items (CIs), applications and service configurations to help validate compliance.
- CI auditing and remediation immediately remediates an audit variance.
- Approved images are deployed from the definitive media library. Integrates with IBM Rational® Asset Manager and supports a number of media libraries.
IT asset lifecycle management
- Provides a current, proactively managed authorized repository of assets. Tracks and controls hardware assets installations, moves, additions and changes (IMAC). Also manages a complete view of software entitlements for the enterprise.
- Provides an accurate inventory of deployed software. Automates license tracking to help meet compliance requirements and reduce the time, cost and risk associated with compliance audits.
- Generates asset reports that help you identify inactive assets or redeploy underutilized assets.
- Allows you to pick a solution delivery model such as traditional on-premise, SaaS or VM image that is affordable and meets your current business needs.
- Helps you seamlessly move between delivery models while keeping the same functionality.
- Publishes a list of available services for users to search and order. Automates the fulfillment of service requests with runbook automation, minimizing manual intervention required to deliver user requests.
- Associates cost information to services. Now users can understand how much services cost and manage their services consumption accordingly.
- Supports service entitlement, which allows service catalog entries to be provided based on a group or business unit.
- Provides service definition templates for common service items that helps you save time and reduce the cost of catalog development.
- Provides job plan templates, which can help reduce the cost of creating work orders.
Support for service providers
- Multiple billing methods give you visibility into all of the costs of providing service support and service delivery. Customers gain transparency into their service usage.
- Repository for customer agreements performs entitlement checks. These checks help you make sure that the customers are entitled to services requested and are correctly charged.
- Response plans for requests automatically assign the appropriate person or response team to handle each request. Interactive, action-based workflows enable automated service delivery and help provide consistency.
- Multi-customer operations allow you to run multiple customers in one instance. This feature segregates customer data and helps reduce the cost of maintenance and upkeep.
- A versatile reporting engine generates reports, displays key performance indicators on dashboards, and provides ad hoc query functionality. A query wizard allows users to define and schedule their own reports.